Mojo's Informal Resume
Morris Jones, San Rafael, CA
Born: January 18, 1957 (45) in Memphis, Tennessee
"Volunteer of the Year" 2000, for
Fremont Peak Observatory Association.
Co-editor of the SJAA Ephemeris.
Past member of the board of directors,
San Jose Astronomical Association. Director and representative,
Astronomical Association of Northern California. Telescope array
includes several large and small dobsonian reflectors, and one small
- Life Master, Certified Director, Accredited Teacher, Goodwill Committee,
Accredited "Easybridge" Teacher. Recognized by the American Contract Bridge
League as a three-time "Star" Teacher.
- Seven years as instructor and Site Coordinating Instructor for the
Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the California Motorcyclist Safety Program.
Over 150,000 miles of street riding. Current bike: 1995 Honda Gold Wing.
Previous bikes: 1987 Kawasaki Concours, 1986 Yamaha FZ600, 1986 Yamaha
Maxim-X, 1984 Yamaha XS 400.
- Licensed as Private Pilot for single-engine airplanes and gliders
with instrument rating. 500 hours.
- Current call: AA4KB. First licensed in 1971, Amateur Extra Class since
1973. Previous calls: WB4YCV, WB6DJP, N6DE. Also held FCC First Class
Radiotelephone and Second Class Radiotelegraph licenses, since expired.
Member ARRL A1-OP club, code proficiency 35 WPM. Life member ARRL.
Virage, Inc., April 7, 1997
Integration and custom software
for CNN's low-res video browser project,
winner of a
2001 Scientific and Technological Emmy Award
for "Pioneering effort in digital asset management for television news production."
Using the Virage Video Catalogger, Mediabase from Silicon Graphics, and Media/360 from Ascential.
- Production Engineering tools for Virage Interactive.
- Virage Application Server 3.0 -- design and development team.
Personal Projects, 1998
Metabyte, Inc., Consultant, 1996
- Sun Microelectronics - Telephone Switching benchmark for customer Ericsson
- Oracle - 16-bit port for Developer/2000
- Thomson Sun Interactve - Sample drivers for OpenTV
SGS-Thomson Microelectronics, 1995-1996
- Developed MPEG Audio player for Windows 95 C++ from Unix source
Caere Corporation, 1990-1995
- Winner of Byte Magazine Award of Excellence and PC Magazine
runner-up for their Technical Excellence Award as co-designer
of the TWAIN standard for image data sources and applications.
- Created the first 32-bit application for Windows 3.0 with Caere's
- Development team for OCR for several versions of OmniPage, Typist,
- OEM systems development and support
- Developed Scan Manager application for scanner support in OmniPage
Etak Corp., 1988-1990
- Co-developer of the Travelpilot for Blaupunkt, a system for
displaying automotive street maps in vehicles using dead reckoning navigation.
- Developer of CorrectStar version 3.3 for WordStar
- Printer drivers for three versions of WordStar 2000
- CP/M implementation on new Z-80 hardware
- Actually ported WordStar 3.3 to the TRS-80 running LDOS
TV and Radio
- KRON-TV, San Francisco
- 1980-1982. Technical director, audio, camera, studio construction, master
control, and maintenance.
- 1978-1980. Studio technician
- Memphis Radio
- Studio and transmitter engineer for WDIA and WMPS. Station manager and
various creative positions at WLYX and WSWM, Southwestern at Memphis.
Three years at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena,
1974-77, working on an Electrical Engineering degree.
Last Updated: Tuesday, 05-Feb-2002 15:27:33 PST
Return to WhiteOaks.com Web Page