Jane and Mojo Holiday Trip, December 2004
Click any of the pictures for a larger copy.
- Two nights in South Freeport, Maine, with Jane's cousin David Hartley and his family
- Two nights in Bernard/Treport, Maine, with Peter and Linda Lord
- Two nights in Amherst, Massachusetts, with Mojo's aunt Dorothy Hertzfeld, her husband Kurt Hertzfeld,
and her daughter and husband Nikki and Robert Mobley
- Two nights in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Four nights in midtown Manhattan
Monday, December 20, Pictures
- Long Beach to Boston overnight on JetBlue.
- Baggage jams under Logan mean an hour to get baggage!
- Car pickup at 42° 20' N 71° 5' W
- Drove through the Ted Williams Tunnel
- Breakfast at Linda's Breakfast Place in Seabrook, NH
- Halibut dinner at the Hartley's in South Freeport, ME
Tuesday, December 21, Pictures
- Visit to Pillars, Jane's antique store in Yarmouth
- Drives through Portland, visited the Eastern Cemetary
- Harbor Fish Market
- Maine Narrow Gauge Railway Museum (but no pictures :( )
Wednesday, December 22, Pictures
- Last pictures in South Freeport
- Visit to DeLorme in Yarmouth
- Arrival at Bernard, ME, and Island Astronomy
Thursday, December 23, Pictures
- Meadow View and the Bobcat Cottage in Tremont
- Bass Harbor Head Light scenic walk
- Ships Harbor Nature Trail in Acadia Nat'l Park
- Lunch in Bar Harbor, and back to Meadow View Observatory
Friday, December 24, Pictures
- From Thursday evening, lobster feast at Peter and Linda's
- 7:00 a.m. departure from Mt. Desert Island for Amherst, MA
- Breakfast in Belfast, ME, at Dudley's Diner
- Lunch stop in Portmouth, NH
- Christmas eve dinner with the Hertzfelds and the Mobleys
Saturday, December 25, Pictures
- All day in Dorothy and Kurt's home in Amherst
- A little "Mexican Train" dominoes
Sunday, December 26, Pictures
- Jane and Dorothy visit Greenfield Community College Rock Park
- Drive from Amherst to Cambridge
- Dinner in the Radisson at the teppanyaki steak house "Bisuteki"
- Heavy snow outside!
Monday, December 27, Pictures
- Lots of snow!
- Harvard Square, and walking along the "Freedom Trail" in downtown Boston
- Lunch at a "Cheers" replica bar and restaurant in the Faneuil Hall marketplace
- Dinner with Bob Naeye
Tuesday, December 28, Pictures
- Train from Boston to Manhattan
- Dinner at the Birdland bar and the early set for the Duke Ellington Orchestra,
conducted by Jack Jeffers (great, but surely not their sharpest evening). (No pictures)
Wednesday, December 29, Pictures
- Brunch at Carnegie Deli
- City walking along 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Plaza, and Central Park South
- Dinner — hot dogs from a vendor in front of the Ford Center Theater.
- Tickets to see 42nd Street at the Ford Center Theater in Times Square (on 42nd Street).
- Drinks and dessert at the Rainbow Room, atop Rockefeller Center.
Thursday, December 30, Pictures
- Jane caught a cold, so we got chicken soup at Carnegie, and slept in.
- Went to Fabulous Fanny's in the Upper East Village for some fun frames
- Dinner in SOHO with Nikki and Robert
- Late show at the Iridium Jazz Club to see
Spyro Gyra — great show!
Friday, December 31, Pictures
- Stayed around the hotel most of the day, sleeping in and saving energy for the evening's party. More later!
- Dinner at Park Central's New York Cafe with Nikki and Robert, and watching the ball drop from our room.
- Time to fly home, early Saturday morning.